Facebook has partnered with m:lab East Africa in one of their program fbstart to help mobile startups succeed. FbStart is a program that provides app developers with free tools and services via three tracks: Pre-launch, Bootstrap and Accelerate.
Facebook has partnered with some great partners in the program and they are offering a package of free tools and services designed to help app developers build and grow their mobile apps. They are providing year round mentorship opportunities to connect directly with the Facebook team as well as an exclusive community of global startups
The program is accepting the following developers into FbStart;
- Pre-launch track: Developers that have not yet launched an app but intend to launch one within the next year and are associated with one of facebook’s venture capital, accelerator, or incubator partners
- Bootstrap track: Any developer who’s launched a quality, working mobile app in the Apple or Google Play app stores
- Accelerate tracks: Any developer who’s launched a working mobile app in the Apple or Google Play app stores and has seen a sustained level of growth in their markets
All those who will be accepted to the program will be placed into the track most relevant for their stage of development as determined by size, growth, quality, and engagement, among other factors evaluated. Once accepted into a track, developers receive a set of free tools and services meant to serve your app development needs.
All the members in the program will receive three main offerings;
- Benefits – you’ll receive a free package of tools and services valuing up to $80,000 from Facebook, Parse, and 23 third party partners including Adobe, Salesforce, MailChimp, Hootsuite and UserTesting
- Mentorship – you’ll have opportunities throughout the year to connect with product managers, engineers, partnerships, and operations through events, office hours, webinars, email and more
- Community – meet others in the startup community through the FbStart.com member portal, forums, meetups and events
Developers with more than one application can apply for the program with the apps but are encouraged to prioritize their apps in the application form by listing their most engaging and successful apps first. Only one app will be selected for inclusion in the program, and you’ll only receive one set of benefits even if both apps qualify.
Your company is approved as a whole, rather than your individual apps. So while you can submit several apps for consideration, only one app per company will be accepted to FbStart, and you’ll only receive one set of benefits.
If you wish to benefit from this opportunity, fill in the form provided below. We will then send you a referral code which you will use to apply here https://fbstart.com/.
For more information visit fbstart.com or mlab.co.ke/fbstart